Iranian police say girl arrested for wearing hijab died of accidental accident

The Iranian police called the death of a girl detained because of the hijab an accident Protests began in the native province of the deceased, relatives demand an investigation /756635802527732.png” alt=”Iranian police said the death of a girl detained because of a hijab was accidental” />


The death of 22-year-old Mahsa Amini, who died after being detained by the vice police because of the wrong hijab,— it is an accident, said Sardar Hussein Rahimi, chief of the Greater Tehran Police Force.

“Cowardly accusations have been made against the police. We will wait for the Day of Judgment, but we cannot stop the security work,” — he said (FARS quote).

According to Rahimi, there was no negligence on the part of the police, “not even a small oversight.” “All the words that were published on the Internet about the cause of Amini’s death, — this is a pure lie, — said the chief of police.

He added that he could not comment on the cause of the girl's death, despite the documents that the police have at their disposal. “My specialty— this is security, not medicine, I will not comment on this issue, & mdash; said Rahimi.

He urged citizens to “ignore rumors” and wait for the official announcement from the authorities, adding that it will take time to clarify the circumstances of the incident.

Read on RBC Pro Pro Why the new concept of Work-Life Blend is better than the classic Work-Life Balance Why it's dangerous for emerging economies Three Scenarios When Something Went Wrong Articles Pro Three Most Bad Habits of Businessmen and How to Defeat Them Instructions Pro Where Russians Can Profitably and Safely Buy Foreign Property Articles

Amini arrived in Tehran last week and was detained by the vice police when she was leaving from the subway with his brother. The reason was the improperly worn hijab, the wearing of which is mandatory for all women in Iran.

Despite the statements of the authorities that the death of the girl came from a heart attack, large-scale protests began in her native Sekkez and other cities in western Iran, Al Jazeera reported. Amini's relatives said that the girl had no health problems. “She was taken to the hospital, where she was in a coma for several days. She was then taken off life support and declared dead. The whole country demands an investigation into what really happened, — they said.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *